ગુજરાત લેખક મંડળના મંત્રી શ્રી કિરણ ત્રિવેદી તરફથી બ્લોગરના અધિકારો અને પ્રશ્નો વિષે એક અપીલ મળી છે જે સર્વે બ્લોગર મિત્રોના લાભાર્થે અત્રે રજૂ કરેલ છે. જે કોઈ મિત્રોને આ વિષે કોઈ તકલીફ કે સુચનો તેમજ પ્રશ્નો હોય તો તેઓએ આપેલી મેલ ઉપર તેમનો સંપર્ક સાધવા વિનંતિ છે
Given below is an interesting appeal I made to bloggers, regarding the issues of copyright – or minimum right – of the writers and bloggers themselves in the cyber sphere. We are debating this issue in Guj Lekhak Mandal since long. And it would help if you can post this appeal somehow on your blog and we receive some responses which can be of guidence. – Kiran Here is the appeal posted on Govind Maru blog, dt : 06-03-03. As he had started similar debate there. You must be remembering that you people had also extensively debated this some time back. :
This is to address all bloggers, an apeal from Gujarati Writers Association (Gujarati Lekhak Mandal). This issue of maintaining minimum rights of a writer on cyber space is becoming vocal lately. GLM is aware of the issue, some of the members have brought this to our notice as well.
For your info, GLM is an established (since 1993) body of practicing writers working for their rights, interesrs and respect in society. There are more than 500 members associated with it. Till now it has intervened and helped solve many cases of copyright breach, non-payments according to contract and other disputes in print, pulication and electronic media (TV-Video-Cinema). Because there are laid out rules, regulations and standard practices to refer to.
But here in Blog-sphere, there are no such laws and practices to refer to. GLM wants to help writers in retaining their right over their original creation, even in this Blog field. GLM intend to work on this endeavour. It will take time to work out formula and get bloggers register with this system and association.
But meanwhile we welcome suggestions from actual users of this Blog field, on building such a system. You may write to us on below given email i.d. forwarding your thoughts on…
1. What are the problems of Bloggers
2. What are the problem of retaining permission of original writer, if you want to use his/her write-up
3. How many bloggers according to you indulge in using other writers creation w/o permission and due credit
4. What could be the method of tracking down such violators of copyrights and how could they be contained
5. Are you ready to support a system, where such violators get blacklisted on all blogs. (if GLM forwards you the case and names, would you project it on your blog?)
6. ould you support a suggestion that blog operator shall pay some token amount for each creation he/she uses of other writers? is it viable on blogs?
Many such issues are to be tackled. Better we start now before the issue becomes un-controllable. Please feel free to provide any kind of information useful in involving ‘bloggers as writers’ themselves, too. Gujarati Lekhak Mandal has a broad defination of who is a writer, “A person who writes is a writer” (Lakhe te Lekhak). Also geogrophically, any body – living anywhere- who writes in Gujarati could become member or anybody who writes in any language but resides in Gujarat can become a member with GLM. We are open minded to accomodate bloggers, if it can benefit the writers and writting in general.
– Kiran Trivedi, Secretary – Guj Lekhak Mandal, Ahmedabad
Email : email@example.com
Mo : 09227234815